Khoon bhi na niklay or inqilaab bhi aa jaye.
Khoon bhi nikla or inqilaab bhi nahi aaya.
Some facts about revolutions:
1. A revolution is never bloodless. Evolution is bloodless.
2. If both the leaders of pro-revolution and anti-revolution ride the same vehicle, that isn’t revolution. (Helicopters in our case)
3. If team of the revolutionist is as shady as the team of ruler, that isn’t a revolution either.
4. If it is expected that police wouldn’t beat revolutionists, then it isn’t a revolution but a way to combat boredom perhaps.
5. If the army is expected to help the revolutionists instead of the government, perhaps another revolution is needed before this revolution.
No revolution in history sustained itself in the long run. The most famous one was “French Revolution” by Robespierre. Success followed by instant failure.
Another one, widely famous and copied, was by guerilla leader Che Guevara. It succeeded for a couple of years only.
Pakistan was made on evolution, with efforts of over half a century. Revolution was not adopted. Islam was spread through evolution, over 23 years.
When Jinnah lost the elections of 1935-36 by Nehru, he didn’t make a fuss. No dharna. He recollected himself. Took charge and made a national difference. He made new waves of ideology through consistent awareness methodologies. In the elections of 1945, he won decisively.
We put pictures of Jinnah almost everywhere. Most commonly, his picture is placed at the back of the sitting leader. So as to not follow him, and we don’t.
I am for evolution.
Not for blood. Not for corpses. Not for violence.
And not for revolution.